Learn more and apply HERE.
Murphysboro…State Representative Terri Bryant (R-Murphysboro) is reminding families that the time is now to apply for scholarship money through Illinois “Invest in Kids Act.”
The Invest in Kids Act is a $100 million tax credit scholarship program for K-12 students from families with limited financial resources and income up to 300 percent of the federal poverty level are eligible to receive a tax credit scholarship. Returning scholarship recipients can make up to 400 percent of the federal poverty level.
Before April 1, priority will be given to students from each of the following categories:
- Members of a household whose previous year’s total annual income does not exceed 185% of the federal poverty level ($47,637.50 for a family of 4); OR
- Reside within a focus district; OR
- Received a scholarship from a scholarship granting organization during the previous school year; OR
- Siblings of a current scholarship recipient.
- After April 1, all other qualifying students will be considered for scholarships, subject to availability of funds.
This year, the reservation form will be available at 6:30pm, to give families time to enter their information before submission at 7pm. The reservation will have two pages. On page one, you will enter basic information, such as parent name, student name, and contact information. On page two, you will review this information and click submit. Only after clicking submit on page two will you receive your first come, first-served timestamp.
On January 17, you will be notified by email when part two of the application opens. You can complete this step whenever you are able to ensure accuracy, but we encourage you to submit your application before January 27 for the best chance at receiving a scholarship.